Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Consciously Cruising: Hollyanne Faber


"In 2008, I moved to Los Angeles thinking that being there would bring me closer to skateboarding and becoming a photographer. A few weeks before I moved to LA, I bought this Marc Johnson board. I was really excited to live in California, the only thing I didn't anticipate was how much I'd miss the Northwest. I only lasted two months before I decided to move back. Even though I didn't last long, I learned a lot about myself during my time there. I skated home from work almost every day - partly because I really hated the transit system, but also because I didn't know anyone and skating helped me make friends, clear my head and helped me forget about how I missed Seattle. This board doesn't represent a failed attempt at being a Californian, but a reminder to me that the pacific northwest is in my blood and there just aint' nowhere better. I can't thank Rain Mchn enough for giving this board another life. It means a lot!" -Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment